These instructions will walk you through removing the AMD USB Filter Driver that prevents your SmartDongle™ from working on certain computers with AMD Processors.
1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel, a new window will appear
3. Click “Uninstall a program”, the Programs and Features window will appear
4. Select “ATI Catalyst Install Manager” from the list, and click the Change button at the top of the list.
5. On the “ATI Catalyst Install Manager – InstallShield Wizard” window, click the “Next” button
6. Verify that there is a dot beside the entry labeled “Uninstall Manager” and click Next
7. If a security dialog appears, click Yes
8. A new window with “Welcome” at the top may appear. Click Next
9. The window will now say Uninstall at the top. Click the dot next to “Custom”, a black dot will appear. Click “Next”
10. The window will now say “Customize Uninstall” at the top of the screen. Check the box labeled “AMD USB Filter Driver” in the list and click Next
111 11. The window will now say “Unisntalling Components”. Please wait for the process to finish.
12. The window will now say “Finished” at the top. Click “Finish”
13. A new window will appear. Click “Finish”
If your SmartDongle™ is plugged in, please remove it and plug it in again.
Your SmartDongle™ should function properly now!